Home Home About Contact

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Be Kind To Yourself

Sunday. 

While it is still a part of the weekend, it has the potential to bring a lot of dread. I'll admit as Sunday goes on I find myself filled with dread (about another worth week) and cursing myself for not getting more done. So what do I do? Rush to complete the to do list I didn't bother to touch. Does this sound familiar?

...and then as I rush around trying to get it all done, I'm not being particularly nice to myself. My self talk is the kind of stuff I wouldn't say to someone else! Yet, here I am saying it to myself. It is in these moments that we need to remember to keep track of our own mindsets. It's not healthy to act this way towards ourselves and it is easy to fix with a mindset shit, some deep breaths and maybe some better time management skills.

Weekends are meant for rejuvenating and family - not always to do lists. I get it! Things need to get done but don't forget to give yourself some grace! Especially now. Even if the only thing you accomplish is cleaning your pantry (which wasn't even on your list to begin with).


At least it is something. Don't forget to focus on all the things you did get done and not just what you didn't. It's okay, the dirt will still be there tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment