Home Home About Contact

Saturday, August 23, 2014

The first 3 days are over.

The first three days of school are over. It has been crazy! We decided after gaining a second grade teacher (last minute - one week before school started) to departmentalize. I am excited to be paired up with one of my teaching friends but NERVOUS to be in charge of reading, writing and handwriting for TWO classes (with a brand new reading series). We are just getting Houghten-Mifflin's Journeys!

I have loved my three days of school so far (minute the fact that my room is the HOTTEST room in the whole school) and the fact that it has been like 90 degrees each day OR 100 in my classroom. The departmentalizing seems nice in the fact that it makes my morning go pretty quick.

We have open house on Tuesday night and of course my room still is not PARENT ready so I hope to convince my kids (with the use of donuts) to go there tomorrow. If not I guess it will be a late Monday night.

I hope to have a classroom reveal for y'all here soon (once I get the rest of the border I ordered)...and accidentally sent to my mom's house (sigh).

2 comments:

  1. We also are departmentalizing this year, and I'm ELA with a new series. We are using Wonders though.

    Good luck this year!
    Mary
    4th Works

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are four weeks in and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete